TERMS AND CONDITIONS
HOW TO FILL THE APPLICATION
To participate in the Vibrant Gujarat Startup Grand Challenge 2016, visit http://vgstartup.com/grandchallenge/ (“website”) at the Application Window, accurately and truthfully complete the online registration form, accept these Terms and Conditions and follow the instructions for submitting an Entry as described on the Site and below.
An “Entry” (for a Team, or an individual) must be an original idea based on an implementable and feasible solution for one or both of the following themes:
The individual/team accepting the Terms and Conditions and submitting an Entry is referred to as an “Applicant” or “you.”
Applicants may submit an Entry either as an Individual Participant or as a Team, as designated at the time of registration for the Challenge. As used herein, “Entry” means all submissions, original ideas, documents or other materials submitted to the Organizers. Each Entry must be the original creation of the Applicant. Upon successful completion of application form, Applicant will not be able to cancel, remove or withdraw the application.
Individuals: Individual Participants can enter the Challenge irrespective of their location or nationality.
Teams: As an alternative to participating as a single individual, Individual Participants may choose to form a team (“Team”) of multiple people to submit a single Entry. Each member of the Team that contributes in any way to an Entry (each a “Team Member”) shall be considered to automatically have accepted the Terms and Conditions. The Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any Team (and all Team Members) if any one Team Member has not accepted these Terms and Conditions. An Entry submitted by a Team must designate one Team Member as the “Team Leader” for contact and Grand Challenge administrative purposes. The Team Leader will be responsible for submitting the Entry on behalf of the Team. For purposes of this Grand Challenge, a Team, once registered with a Team Leader, will own all Entries made by any Individual Participant on the Team.
An Individual Participant / Team may submit multiple Entries. In the event an Individual Participant or a Team is disqualified, the Team that the individual belongs to and all Entries submitted by the Team will also be disqualified.
Applicants are responsible for any costs or expenses associated with preparing and submitting an Entry. Entries violating intellectual property rights, or any local or country law(s) will be ineligible and disqualified. Entries can be submitted in English, Hindi or Gujarati. Applicants assume all risk of damaged, lost, late, incomplete, invalid, incorrect or misdirected Entries. All Entries (and related information) shall be deemed collected and judged in India. Each Applicant agrees that the Organizers will have the right, but not the obligation, in its sole discretion to contact any Applicant regarding a possible transaction or other business relationship with the Organizers to commercially pursue a submitted Entry.
All rights are reserved by the organizers and fall under the jurisdiction of Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India.
- By agreeing to the Terms & Conditions the Applicant indemnifies the organisers and its associates from any loss of IP/property/ prototype. However, the organisers will not be responsible for the leakage or damage of IP/prototype design or any other form of property of the Applicant.
- The Organisers and its associated parties will not be obligated to use or have the IP of any Applicant. By agreeing to the Terms & Conditions the Applicant indemnifies the organisers and its associates from any loss or misuse of property/ IP/ prototype
- Successful submission of duly filled application online/ offline is solely the responsibility of the applicant.
- The decision of the evaluation panel/experts, and/or (internal and/or external) would be final and binding and cannot be challenged in any way.
- Only the selected individuals/teams would be informed.