Connecting with people is today’s gig! Everyone wants to know more people with better and be safe knowing there are a bunch of opportunities out there which can be ceased by the best.
According to a research study by entrepreneur.com,
“LinkedIn is responsible for more than 80% of a business’s social media leads! All the other social media platforms put together only amount to 19.67% of leads.”
To get yourself set in the professional world and on social media at the same time, one must have a required LinkedIn profile. LinkedIn is one such professional social platform that has abundant of open opportunities for one and all with exposure to the professional world. To build effective networks around the globe, to build you professionally and to seek for guidance, the platform is LinkedIn.
A focus point of a social media account is how attractive and genuine is your profile especially when it comes to LinkedIn. Being professionally active online pays off well if it is reflected on your account.
Here is a point wise list to tell how to create a compelling LinkedIn profile
1. Professional photo — Consider your profile picture as the first impression on a viewer’s mind.
The first thing that captures the eye of the person viewing your profile is the photograph you have put on. So put up a professional or a decent profile image. According to a research, “Profiles with pictures elicit a 40% InMail response rate.” Here are a few pointers which will help you in what kind of a photo to use on LinkedIn -
2. Profile headline — Be clever with it! Lesser words often tend to have the most impact on the viewers.
Use your creativity in posting the headline because the word limit is 120 characters and it should be captive enough. Do include the keyword related to your profession or industry you work for.
3. Summary — The factor which leads the viewer to read the entire summary of your profile is that it shouldn’t be boring. It should be simple, short, to the point and crisp. This is the section with the great opportunity to display your skillset, share your interests,
One should be familiar that LinkedIn has its own algorithm to search for apt keywords from your profile, so make sure to include any such words that describe your job or interests. The benefit of this is that it helps people search for you easily.
Another thing to remember here is to include the contact details that include your email id, contact number, twitter handle, website URL (you can add your company’s website page as well).
4. Add Skillset and Work Experience — LinkedIn is a professional platform, so the connections look out for your professional experience, education, and skillset. Use this section to the fullest and explain your work process with all the details including how and what specifics you have worked on.
Skillset matters when you have recommendations and endorsements for the same. Endorse others in your contacts list which will in return increase your chances of getting endorsed for the skills that you have listed in the profile.
Getting good reviews from your colleagues improves the efficacy of your LinkedIn profile and turn around the tables on your side.
One thing to keep in mind is ‘Charity begins at home’, so start by giving reviews and endorsements to your employers or colleagues and ask them for a small simple and effective recommendation.
5. Promote your projects — There is a project section in the LinkedIn profile where you can enter the project name, your mentor, and describe what and how you were a part of it. With the details of your project, your profile will gain more attraction.
6. Customization of LinkedIn public profile URL — Looking from SEO aspect and to ease the search activity on your profile, you can customize the public profile URL and make it look more professional. You can edit and create a custom URL which includes your name that will enhance the search results while searching for you on LinkedIn.
7. Perform SEO — SEO optimization of the LinkedIn profile is an added benefit for all the LinkedIn users. Using apt keywords, customizing the anchor text will eventually bring your profile to attention. This will result in an increase in click rates and hence your improved profile will come in top results when being searched.
8. Avoid the use of Buzzwords — LinkedIn users generally tend to use clichéd words to describe their work as ‘specialized’, ‘hardworking’, ‘skilled’, ‘passionate’ and so on. People do believe you might have all these qualities but backing your skillset with real-life examples and scenarios will give your profile an elevation.
“The most overused profile word continues to be “Motivated” — which also topped 2014 and 2015.”
Avoid using more than one or two buzzwords. Use the summary section to give examples and prove your capabilities.
9. Join LinkedIn groups — According to a study,
“Only 16% of LinkedIn members have joined the maximum number of groups allowed.”
If you want to have a perfect LinkedIn profile, it is incomplete without getting visitors on the profile. You have to be an active member of LinkedIn. One of the ways is to join LinkedIn groups of your niche and be an active part of that group. Connect with people, chat with relevant people, and leverage the opportunities that may come your way!
10. LinkedIn Pulse — Use the platform provided by LinkedIn to share your writings, thoughts, experiences, and stories. This will not only help you connect with a lot of LinkedIn users but also increase the reach of your profile.
“More than 1 million people use LinkedIn’s publishing platform, sharing over 130,000 posts each week”
LinkedIn Pulse allows you to create your own content and if that is actually read and liked it gains better LinkedIn rankings. It’s all about the importance of content and how meaningful is that article to the audience.
If you have your own publication you can also add the link to it which will engage more people on the link.
Here are a few additional pointers that will help you build your profile, draw an audience and increase your profile rankings on LinkedIn.
There is no single way to create a perfect LinkedIn profile but these were the few basics that can get you started and if taken full advantage of all the points, you may land in the best profiles as well. What matters the most is that you should be satisfied with your own profile.
Know more about us Request a Demo.
Discover how Hubilo's Webinar+ can help you 2X your pipeline