Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 is the 9th edition of Vibrant Gujarat which was first conceptualized in 2003. The event was 3 days long starting from 18th January till 20th January. The opening ceremony of the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 inaugurated by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi at Mahatma Mandir in Gandhinagar.
With the tagline being, #ShapingANewIndia, the Global Summit was driven towards the betterment of the country and improving the socio-economic development for the same.
Vibrant Gujarat was initiated so as to build Gujarat as a preferred investment destination in India. The Summit has eventually evolved as a platform, a stage wherein delegates from across the globe get together to discuss and brainstorm ideas that will reap benefits and improvise the socio-economic status of the countries. It includes sharing ideas, distributing knowledge and use the fact that Gujarat is developed a hub for trade and commerce.
In VG 2019, the partner countries included Australia, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Japan, Morocco, Norway, Poland, South Africa, South Korea, Thailand, The Netherlands, UAE, and Uzbekistan.
The focus sectors included Pharmaceuticals, Textiles, Tourism, Environment, Innovation, R&D, Aerospace & Defence, Agro & Food Processing, Chemicals, Engineering, Healthcare, IT and so on.
Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit is a biennial aiming at building strong relationships with MSME’s and large scale enterprises. The Trade Show was inaugurated by PM Modi on 17th January. The intention was to organize exhibitions wherein several large scale enterprises and MSME’s can come together on a common platform and interact among themselves.
Glimpses of VGGS 2019
[embed]https://twitter.com/VibrantGujarat/status/1086585455452205056[/embed][embed]https://twitter.com/VibrantGujarat/status/1086579087915638784[/embed][embed]https://twitter.com/VibrantGujarat/status/1086566688034705408[/embed][embed]https://twitter.com/VibrantGujarat/status/1086553015065034753[/embed][embed]https://twitter.com/VibrantGujarat/status/1085846255945674752[/embed][embed]https://twitter.com/VibrantGujarat/status/1086905740952985600[/embed]Hubilo’s Contribution to the Global Event:
Hubilo operating in the event tech industry and providing technological solutions to the events like business events, conferences, meetings, tradeshows, exhibitions; powered the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019. Since nowadays, all the events worldwide are going paperless, VGGS also did the same by providing all the information to the users and attendees on a website and event application.
Hubilo provided the following services which made attendee engagement effortless and also helped in sustainable event planning.
1. Barcode Check-in system: A barcode on-site check-in system was designed by the Hubilo’s team to help the organizers with an uncomplicated check-in process during the event. Such global events where the footfall during the inaugural ceremony was around 5000+ people required a smooth running check-in solution.
With the unique barcode provided on the attendee’s badges, they were scanned and only then their access was granted to proceed inside the venue space. Upon scanning their barcodes, their registered name, organization and image would appear on the kiosk screen at the gate to verify the personnel entry inside the venue.
It’s a well organised event ready to cater to the footfall it is expecting and even more, which is commendable given the fact that many events fail to do so. Despite the crowd, my entry into the venue was hassle free. It did not take too long at all for the security check and the scanning system is something particularly nice. — Surbhi Kapila, Journalist at Media India Group
2. Event Website — An event website although a very basic feature that all events opt for presently but the Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 website was a detailed layout of various information that one could require while registering themselves for the event. It also had a different section of Tradeshows which opened up into a totally different event website.
One could easily browse through the sections of the event website, register themselves as an individual, company delegate or media and so on. The Trade Show website also had a section of Buyer-Seller meetings wherein an attendee who wants to see a product or buy a product could set up meetings in the exhibition area. The website also had a section named important instruction, which specified the essential instructions event attendees needed to go through prior to the event. The website was multi-linguistic supporting Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish as well apart from English.
3. Registrations — Event Registration always plays a vital role in any event especially if it’s global. There were different categories for registration available on website i.e. Individual, Delegate and Media Registrations. The entries were first approved by the organizing committee and they were then allowed access to register for seminars and meetings.
4. Event App — The Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 had an app named Vibrant Gujarat 2019 available for both Apple and Android smartphones. In the era where all the people use apps for all the basic things, event app provides them with the most ease of access and the best networking opportunity.
After registration, attendees could log in into the event app and then individually register for certain seminars and business meetings. The app also provided several features such as feed wherein the attendees could introduce themselves, post status, pictures, and videos of the event. The app’s access was restricted to the users who were only registered in the event.
5. Tweet Wall — An interesting feature that was included in the Vibrant Gujarat 2019 app was of Tweet Wall. Anyone posting news related to Vibrant Gujarat following the hashtags related to VG 2019 were displayed on the tweet wall. Attendees could tweet and also see other’s tweets in the Tweet Wall section of the app.
6. Meetings — Meetings section which is generally a part of the networking section played a very important role in the entire event from Day 1. It helped delegates across the globe to set up meetings with other professionals who were attending the event and have a one-on-one discussion; maximizing attendee engagement. The meetings that were being set up on the app were B2B, B2G and country meetings.
For the meetings to take place, first the profile of the attendee was approved by the organizer, then he/she could browse through the attendee list and set up meetings picking up a time slot. If the meetings were approved from both ends, then they could get a space in the hall.
7. Schedule — Schedule helps attendees a lot in a way to figure out for what sessions they need to register at first, which seminars to attend or when to set up meetings. The schedule was listed down day wise then further broken down into Hall wise sessions will their timings. This really helped out the attendees. Along with the sessions and their timings, the list of speakers was also included in the same.
Hubilo also provided an on-site support team for any check-in, event networking platform, app or tech related queries, helping the attendees with any issues that they came up with on the venue.
Learnings from the Global Event:
- Global networking options — The networking platform integrated into the website and app provided attendees with an amazing opportunity to meet, connect and networking with other attendees, speakers, and country delegates. Attendees were able to chat with people and exchange business cards.
Attendees whose profiles were approved could set up meetings before the event and schedule it then only to avoid last minute hassle. The meetings feature in the networking section was used immensely by the delegates and there were over 2000 meetings scheduled.
- Hassle-free check-ins — Providing a barcode system not only ensured a quick and effortless check-in process but also ensured security at such a big global event. The Hubilo team also oversaw the process of check-ins so as to ensure that the system was functioning well and in case of any errors, the team could take an instant reaction to solve the bug. The process was rather simple and efficient!
- International Platform to present ideas for socio-economic development — Vibrant Gujarat being a global platform welcomes new and unique ideas that could improve the face of Indian business and Economic well-being. The world is driven by tech today, Vibrant Gujarat Global Trade Show had various tech innovations and ideas that were found interesting and showcased that could improvise and help in socio-economic development.
- Globalizing the concept of the paperless summit — India has evolved in technological aspects and adapts to sustainable event planning as well. To help the cause and be a part of the sustainable movement, Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit 2019 was a paperless summit and all the information was provided on the event website and event application.
Learnings from events can surely be put to better use in the next event. For Hubilo, this event was a boost in their confidence and their services.
Have your own event experience to share? Something that you think might help other planners learn from?
To know more about us, click here.