Team and Company Conventions are always loved by the employees of the firm. It is a refreshing phase for the employees where they can bond with other colleagues, engage in various activities like a team, explore the destination, attend conventions and so on.
Event Technology takes events and meetings experience to a better level and help in improving employee engagement. With varied features now available in the event applications and websites, one can utilize those to make things interesting and competitive.
Hubilo, all-in-one event management software takes care of all the tech requirements of the event organizer. This isn’t the first incentive travel event that Hubilo has organized. With every new event, it’s a new and exhilarating experience for both the event organizers and event attendees.
About the Convention:
The convention was organized by HSBC event organizing committee to provide an amazing experience to its employees. The main motto of the event was to celebrate the success at HSBC INM RBWM. With the event app provision, the organizers took the attendee experience at the next level. The convention was held from 21st April to 23rd April 209 in Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek.
There were 2 types of users/attendees — One’s who were already in the system and directly could log in into the event app and others who were to be invited. For that, a ticket form was created and users could register but it had restricted login which means only the people invited or of the company could log in into the system. To apply this custom OTP was sent to the registered and invited users email id which was created by the event organizers themselves.
How Hubilo helped improve the attendee experience at events?
With numerous features available in Hubilo Event Management Software Suite, the best-suited features for the event organizers were Event App and Hubilo’s Event Networking Software. Let’s have a look into the feature set provided at the event.
1.Event App: The event app is the key to unlock several new things that await your presence at the convention. You can access all the details and share with the audience or event attendees at one touch of your fingerprints.
Hubilo’s event app provides attendees an amazing experience not just during the event but before and after as well. One can view the details of the convention, post on the feed, and chat with fellow members and attendees and so on.
2. Event Feed: Event feed was one of the most used features by the event attendees during the convention. Attendees were posting about them, how and when they joined the firm, sharing their experiences, meeting with some of their mentors and even posting pictures with them.
Over 900 photos and 100+ videos were posted on the feed. Attendees activeness could be measured using the event analytics wherein the total number of likes and comments on the feed were 10000+ and 550+ respectively.
3. Notifications: Push notification or event notifications is a necessary and helpful feature integrated into the event app. Event organizers can notify the attendees of an upcoming session or send a reminder for some sessions or speakers that attended the event.
4. In-app Chat: Since an MNC firm is huge and all the employees don’t generally get a chance to interact or know one another; Hubilo’s Event Networking platform provided a convenient way to do so. The in-app chat feature is a unique feature which lets you send a message or initiate a chat with your fellow attendee.
You can also fix up meetings with the Meetup feature. It is a brilliant way to encourage attendee engagement and build up a community for them to the network using a common platform.
Takeaways from the Convention:
1. Convenience to explore sessions beforehand with the Event App — Event technology provides the attendees with a chance to go through the event details and prepare themselves for the sessions. Pre-event engagement and ability to explore the details and a chance to view the list of all the attendees is a good option!
2. In-app chat made networking at the venue easier — In-app chat allows the event attendees to engage with their fellow workers and attendees. This opens the scope for them to discuss any business talks. It is also healthy for the organization- to maintain an inter-team relation which can be enhanced using the networking app.
3. Analytics gives event organizers insight and helps in planning the next event — Event analytics is an essential feature of an event which helps event organizers determine the event ROI as well as helps in improving the future events. Few of the analytics of this convention was over 1500+ profile views on the event app, 500+ messages sent through the app to fellow attendees, leaderboard points system which displayed the top attendees with their points.
These are just a few essential takeaways that we hope would help all the corporate event planners out there implement better events.
Wish to share experiences from events that you’ve recently attended, managed or powered? Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
To know more about Hubilo and our products, you can visit our website or request a demo.